Innovation Campus Electronics and Microsensor Technology Cottbus (iCampus)
The Innovation Campus Electronics and Microsensor Technology Cottbus (iCampus) is a research cooperation of the five partners BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg, Ferdinand-Braun-Institute Leibniz-Institute for High Frequency Technology (FBH), Fraunhofer Institute for Reliability and Microintegration (IZM), Fraunhofer Institute for Photonic Microsystems (IPMS) and Leibniz Institute for High Performance Microelectronics (IHP).
The main focus of the Innovation Campus is on the increasingly important field of microsensors and the electronic systems based on them, whose requirements in terms of functionality and their performance profile can be very different due to the wide range of applications. Sensory systems find their application in areas such as Industry 4.0, Agriculture 4.0 and E-Health.
The bundling of the complementary skills of four leading non-university research institutions and the BTU within the Innovation Campus significantly promotes the rapid transfer of research results into application. The Innovation Campus thus contributes to the long-term increase in the economic viability of Lusatia and to the settlement of high-tech companies in the region.
The aim of the Innovation Campus is to establish long-term research activities in the field of electronics and microsensor technology at the Cottbus site.
It is hoped that the results of the iCampus will significantly strengthen Cottbus as a location in the field of applied research and development and increase exploitation activities in Cottbus.
- transfer in business and society
- support of connectivity, especially for SMEs in the development of high technology and especially digitization
- contribution to increasing the competitiveness of regional companies
- contribution to addressing the shortage of skilled workers
- creation of jobs in the high technology sector
- initiation and realization of spin-offs
- contribution to increasing the attractiveness of the Lausitz region for research collaborations
- contribution to increasing the attractiveness of the BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg for students and teachers and the attractiveness of the non-university research institutions
- use the know-how of the partners to generate synergies in the region