Investigation of the long-term degradation of the high-frequency behavior of SiGe heterojunction bipolar transistors and circuits
The overall objectives of this project are the experimental investigation and preliminary modeling of long-term degradation effects SiGe HBTs and selected mm-wave circuit blocks. In particular:
- The investigations will be performed for the most advanced IHP HBT technologies.
- The investigations will focus heavily on obtaining experimental results with the emphasis on determining the amount of degradation in high-frequency device and circuit performance from stress experiments on both single devices and circuits.
- Preliminary (preferably physics-based) formulations for describing time dependent degradation effects in the HBTs and their contact regions will be developed that are suitable for compact models.
- process integration, device and circuit fabrication, long-term DC stress testing and 1/f noise measurements pre/post stress
- development of reliability related HBT parameter determination
- gaining a physical understanding of the degradation mechanisms and their impact on RF circuit performance
This project has received funding by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation) – Project No. 391631565.
- Chair for Electronic Devices and Integrated Circuits (CEDIC), TU Dresden