5G-VICTORI addresses the well-defined European objective of providing 5G solutions for verticals. This requires developing 5G infrastructures to address a wide range of applications adopting flexible architectures, offering converged services across heterogeneous technology domains with unified software control. However, vertical industries today can only verify use cases in small scales in commercial environments, before investing in large scale deployments. Through ICT-17 projects 5G infrastructures become available to verticals to test their applications, however large-scale trials are still not possible.
5G-VICTORI will conduct large scale trials for advanced vertical use case verification focusing on Transportation, Energy, Media and Factories of the Future and cross-vertical use cases. It leverages 5G network technologies developed in 5G-PPP Phase-1 and Phase-2 projects 5G-XHaul and 5GPICTURE and exploits extensively existing facilities interconnecting main sites of all ICT-17 infrastructures, i.e. 5G-VINNI, 5GENESIS and 5G-EVE and the 5G UK test-bed in a Pan-European Infrastructure. The project will provide enhancements of existing infrastructures towards integration of a large variety of vertical and cross-vertical use cases.
5G-VICTORI's platform aims to transform current closed, purposely developed and dedicated infrastructures into open environments where resources and functions are exposed to ICT and vertical industries through common vertical and non-vertical specific repositories. These functions can be accessed and shared on demand and deployed to compose a very diverse set of services in a large variety of ecosystems. 5G-VICTORI's uniquely strong consortium brings together major players form IGT including operators, equipment vendors academic and research organisations and SMEs as well as main players from vertical industries including nationwide rail and electricity operators, rail technology vendors, media content delivery players and a number of SMEs focusing on advanced vertical services.
European Union's Framework Programme Horizon 2020, Grant Agreement: 857201
- Universität von Bristol
- unabhängiger Stromübertragungsbetreiber (IPTO) ADMIE
- Stadtverwaltung Alba Iulia
- Bombardier Transport
- Cosmote Kinites Tilepikoinonies AE
- Deutsche Bahn - DB Netz AG - Fahrweg
- The Connected Digital Economy Catapult Limited
- Fraunhofer Gesellschaft e.V., für ihr Fraunhofer-Institut für Offene Kommunikationssysteme FOKUS
- 12CAT Stiftung
- Institut für Beschleunigte Systeme und Anwendungen
- Intracom S.A. Telekommunikationslösungen
- Institut für Rundfunktechnik GmbH
- Institut für Zukunftsstudien und Technologiebewertung
- Kapsch CarrierCom AG
- Mativision Limited
- Orange S.A.
- Orange Rumänien S.A.
- Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg
- TrainOSE Transport - Passenger and Freight Transport Services S.A.
- Urban Hawk Limited
- Panepistimio Schirmherr - Universität von Patras
- Universität von Thessalien
- Zeetta Networks Ltd.